Saturday 30 June 2012

Photoaday June ... Part Three

Another Nine Days ... (From the top left corner, going across left to right):


19. 'Imperfect' ... Our family, imperfect before McCaw arrived.

20. 'Favorite picture you've taken' ... I don't really have a favourite photo, as I clearly take quite a few, but I do love this photo! Kingston was about 11 months old here, and evidently has always loved the camera!

21. 'Where you slept last night' ... in my bed! Ain't nothing like your own bed! I like to buy one 'big' item a year for the house, and this was it two years ago. I had given myself a budget and it flew out the window when I saw this bed - isn't it beautiful! I look forward to the day we have a bigger house as I think our small room doesn't capture how beautiful it really is! I also look forward to the day I don't have toddlers so I can decorate the bedhead abit better! The day it arrived I was about a week away from giving birth to Kingston, can anyone say emotional? I was downstairs when I heard a loud thud, and ran upstairs to find Phoenix had pushed over one of the side cabinets and broken a drawer! We hadn't even had it a day! I burst into tears (sensitive much?) and Cassius ran to my side, patting my back saying 'don't worry mum, it's alright'.

22. 'From a high angle' ... ok this is a boring photo, but I couldn't think of anything else and so resorted to taking a photo of our stairs from the top angle.

23. 'Movement ... Way way WAY too much movement from my boys at the shops! This photo was taken on the day of my 'That Mother' post ... Click here to read about it. I do like this photo though, I can imagine them in ten years time doing the same thing, chatting away as they walk around at the shops.

24. 'Something on your mind'... Lately I have been thinking alot about my role as a mother. I love seeing Rick and the boys just doing everyday things and this photo was taken at Church as we were getting ready to leave. It is definitely on my mind what an awesome responsibility we have to raise our boys to be 'good' men.

25. 'Something cute'... Here Cassius and Phoenix are helping me with dinner. I was peeling the potatoes earlier and Cassius had asked to help, to which I had said no as he was too little. He then said 'but that's my favorite mum, I love peeling potatoes'. I told him I would remind him of that when he was 15 years old, and laughed to myself how I have a habit of talking to my children like they are adults. I decided to let Cassius help by putting the potatoes in the bowl once they were cut. Phoenix soon quickly joined and I could see the enjoyment in their eyes so I then got them to empty the vegtables into the sink, wash them, then pack them into the colander. Lets just say that process was repeated over five times - definitely had clean vegtables that day!

26. 'Where you shop' ... at home, on my ipads! Thank goodness for online shopping is all I can say!

27. 'Bathroom' ... I had gone to get something out of the other room and came back to this when my boys were having their bath! Lets just say my boys were lucky mum was in a good mood and I did what any normal mother would do - Take a photo!

That's it for now, just a few more days to go till the end of the month, but I've decided to keep doing this as an ongoing thing as it's such a good way to capture the small moments of our days! xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment