Saturday 23 March 2013

An Epiphany


Having all boys can at times invite the attention of others. I don't mind it, except when that attention is accompanied with a sense of pity. I have to bite my tongue when I get those comments, because there's an implication that my life is missing something.
 
This was brought to light a few days ago I sat at a friends house who has all girls. I was playing with the girls and doing their make up and hair, when their father commented to Rick 'your wife really wants a girl'.
 
The comment took me back because I wasn't thinking along those lines at all. I guess I'm so use to the gel and moisturise routine with my boys that putting make up on someone else was almost foreign to me. And it hit me - I really don't need a girl at all.
 
Sure, in an ideal world I would have a girl. But I have four amazing boys and I love that that of itself is unique and sets us as apart from others. Don't get me wrong, if it was to happen I would be over the moon. But I would be equally happy with another boy. I really do feel that boys are my lot in life and that is a role I both invite and enjoy.
 

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are gorgeous!! I used to feel that I wanted lots of girls rather than boys, but I wouldn't trade them for anything, they are each as special as each other whether they are boys or girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ardeth! There was a time when I really wanted one but I accepted it awhile ago that it probably wont happen, and I really am fine with that! I wouldnt mind another four boys I think it will be fun, but goodness I am not looking forward to their teenage years when the girls start coming over haha

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely post my friend. The way I see it being a mother is a blessing in itself - no matter what you have!!

    ReplyDelete