Saturday 2 June 2012

Three Weeks with McCaw ...

So we have had our McCaw for almost three weeks now and I just couldn't imagine life without him! I've been abit useless with updating posts lately as I have been busy... well kind of! We came and stayed at mums after McCaw was born as I still had a little bit of work to do and Rick still had some jobs to complete. It was suppose to be for a few days but we ended up staying for almost two weeks! It was BLISS! It's amazing how easy life is when you don't have to do washing, cooking, cleaning, and all the other fun motherly stuff! Mum as always was doing everything and I was having a ball! I watched the whole season of Once Upon a Time (and developed a slight crush on Prince Charming), alot of other tv, and just enjoyed my new baby. Once again I have been blessed with such a good baby who just eats and sleeps! Also I think the fact that I didn't have to do all my normal daily tasks meant it was much easier to recover from labor - I really should have done this after every baby! Life was indeed pretty easy and I was loving it. But funnily enough, I did begin to miss our normal routine of things and our home. So we packed our many bags and returned home. And then things changed ...


By noon the next day, I had washed and hung out three loads of washing, done dishes, vacuumed, mopped, prepared salads for the lunch we were attending, fed, cleaned and bathed my boys ... and the list goes on. I was definately not at mums anymore! Life was back to our 'norm'.


It's nice to see how much the older boys just love their younger brother though. Now that we are back home I have to make sure they are within my sight, otherwise I know they have snuck in to see their little brother. They are constantly trying to kiss him (to the point where many a time I have found McCaw covered in dry snot!), they want to hold him and Phoenix especially will frequently say 'he's so cute mum, he's so beautiful'. I am breastfeeding again and Cassius asked me what I was feeding him, when I said 'milk' he replied 'well let's go downstairs to the fridge and get it mum?'


We need to get a bigger car now, so on the few occasions we have ventured somewhere we have had to put one of the boys in Jacobs or Mums car. We went to Ricks football game when McCaw was five days old, and Kingston was put in with Jacobs car. The day following McCaw was put into mums car for church, and as we left Cassius said 'Mum what's Kingston doing with us, take him out so that baby can come!' The boys also remind me to protect him from the mukka as he is too small. On one occasion when Phoenix said this to me, I said 'I'll protect him for you', to which he replied 'no your too small mum, only Dad has big hands to smash the mukka'. Thanks alot boys :)

One more story for this post ... while at Mums she told me about an experience she had had with Phoenix. She went to wipe his bottom on the toilet and Phoenix exclaimed pointing to his backside 'this is your arse grandma, this is your arse!'. Mum was quick to correct him that it's actually called bottom, but Phoenix disagreed and said 'no grandma it's your arse!'. Now, anyone that knows my mother would know that she would have been in complete shock hearing such words (I fear the worse is yet to come though), but I think I was more in shock when mum relayed the story to me and said the word 'arse' rather then spelling it out! Good times xx


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Lol @ your mum! These are good stories sister! You're doing such a great job with the 4 boys at home. The Boys room looks fabulous! Well done Super Mummy :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ... I had all these other stories to write about but couldn't be bothered! I need to go back to updating my blog every few days otherwise I miss things!! Anyway sister I just read your blog - love all the pics and thank you for introducing me to the photo a day challenge!! Xx

    ReplyDelete