Saturday 9 June 2012

5am thoughts ...

It's five am and I have just finished feeding my McCaw. I'm not at all tired so will write a post to occupy my thoughts!
Our household has been a fester of snot this week, with sick boys and a case of Scabies to deal with. Yes you read right - SCABIES. I am highly embarrassed about that as it implies dirtiness (something as a mother I think you get even more cautious of). I won't mention where Cassius caught it, but he had it (thankfully in a small dosage) which meant we all had to apply the cream, lots of extra washing for me to do, plus trips to the laundromat for all our blankets etc. It appears to be gone but I find the whole ordeal quite embarrassing really!
McCaw has been especially sick and it is absolutely heartbreaking. You wouldn't know it though - he is a soldier and barely cries, but when he is awake he sounds very congested. We have been to the doctors twice, had a chest X-ray and antibiotics, and ultimately visited the emergency department for a day. He still is very much the same today and it breaks my heart. I've never had a sick newborn before, and I feel especially helpless given he is not even four weeks yet. I spend most of my day just holding him which means my house is very unorganized, looks like a laundromat, and my nesting is on hold, but some things can wait. I say that calmly, but inside I am also praying that no one decides to visit me this week! xx
Ps ... Here's a picture of the boys playing in our ghetto front yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment