Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Pram ...

To say I'm a little obsessed with the Bugaboo prams might be a slight understatement. There are many 'fabulous things' I have been introduced to for my children and this is by far my absolute favorite. They are definitely pricey and our money could probably be spent on more important things, but I think some things really are worth the money and the investment!

When I was pregnant with Cassius, as a newbie to the world of motherhood I was completely unaware of just how many choices there are out there! My sister in law Morgana told me about this pram that all the celebrities had. (It makes me laugh at how things have changed, as these days, I am very aware of what the current trends are in the celebrity baby world!) But having no idea at that time, I went online to have a look. When I first saw the price I thought - were they kidding? Who in the world would pay that for a pram? I laughed out loud, and my mum who was nearby asked what I was doing. I showed her the pictures, told her the price and laughed off the illusion of having one. A few days later my mum called me - her and my Dad had decided to buy me a bugaboo for my firstborn! My parents are pretty awesome like that :)

And so my love affair with the pram began. When I told Rick he thought it was silly of me to let my parents spend that on a pram, but his opinion would soon change. These days, he will readily admit it was probably the best thing purchased for our kiddies - the ease of movement is second to none. And a year after Cassius was born, when I was pregnant with Phoenix, I wanted the smaller version of the pram (the bugaboo bee), and he didn't need any persuading - I asked him if we could get it and I got a yes straight away.

Last year saw the launch of their double pram - the Donkey, which is probably what I need for my little tongans! But I thought I would be good and make do with what we have, plus I am a big fan of the bee - it's more compact and so is by far my favorite. We went to baby Kingdom last month to get the adapters for the baby capsule to fit the pram, and while there I saw the limited edition all black bee plus! It was beautiful and twenty per cent off so surely that was a sign right!??! I looked at Rick and said 'I really like this!' ... We walked out that day having purchased our third pram - Told you I'm a big fan! xx

Ps - Whilst I'm pretty sure I only have a couple of people who actually read this lol, if I come across as boastful then please know that is not my intention, I just like writing and chatting about these sorts of things xx

2 comments:

  1. I though you would get the Donkey, but the all black one couldn't be more fitting for McCaw! I Love it. Looks like I'll be waiting for baby number four until Kerry will finally let me get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol you know I never even thought about the significance of it being 'all black' ha ha... That's gold! And yeah we probably need the donkey, but it's pretty big (as I guess most double prams are lol) and I thought I would just make do with what we have .. That's is until I saw the all black one lol. And get Kerry to talk to Rick, he is very 'pro' bugaboos lol

    ReplyDelete