Friday 21 June 2013

A Summary

I could come up with some great excuses as to why my posts have been lacking of late ... but ultimately - I have been lazy! And although the blog love was dying, I am trying to resuscitate it!

But rather then catch up on the list of posts I have in my phone notepad, I will instead post some pictures with a little summary:

So back in February we decided to have a last minute birthday for Cassius at McDonalds. We have ALOT of family, so whilst we try and do something for the boys every birthday, when it comes to having a party, its either just their first cousins or the bigger option of over fifty kids. This party was the later, but Cassius had an awesome time so all worth it! And how good was his Cake! He received so many presents he thinks birthdays truly are the best thing ever!

Here I am doing the unthinkable! Taking a selfie. My sister and I tend to mock the selfie culprits but I liked the way I looked in this and thought, why not! We're all allowed a vain moment once in awhile right?
 

These pictures are all out of order, but here we are on Phoenix's third birthday in April! I took him to the movies during the day, he opted to watch 'The Croods' again and I really enjoyed the one on one time I had with him. We then hit kmart for him to choose some presents, and then a night at AMF bowling with our family. This boy LOVES his dinosaurs and dragons, so I got Siu (Ricks cousins wife) to make another of her beautiful cakes. She did yet another amazing job! Phoenix just loved it and didn't want anyone to eat the dragon!



When cousin Rick was over for a sleepover, I took the boys with me to find some material in Cabramatta. I wondered if I would live to regret that decision, but we had a fun day and the boys were quite fascinated with all the animal statutes!

 


Becoming a school mum has brought with it some interesting new ventures. One such thing is the regular birthdays we have begun attending where I don't know anyone! This was Cassius's first such party held at the Bicycle centre in Campbelltown. A pretty cool place - they have roads set up for the bikes with lights and traffic signs etc which the kiddies love!
 

Here Cassius and I were at another party, I told him to smile for the camera. He said 'I don't do that mum'!
 

Rick doesn't have the same love for the camera as I, so I love it when we get a photo together!


Four out of my seven siblings:
 After doing a workshop at a YSA fireside, we locked both sets of keys in the car. This photo was taken at that tense moment where we had almost located the keys!
 Baking with my boys!
 

The best picture ever! Here McCaw is chatting away with Laker who seems a little stunned!


McCaw looks so young here, I think this picture was taken back in March when we were going to lunch on Wednesday, my day I only have one child and so I often hit the shops!  

 
This is a more recent picture, taken this week. I was cleaning the house and as usual Phoenix wanted to help. I gave him the cloth and told him to clean the oven. Soon McCaw was next to him trying to pull everything out of the next cupboard, as was Kingston who I am currently toilet training. Definitely a balanced life!
 

A typical photo of all four, where each is looking at something different!  Taken after they had their hair cut by the amazing Max! I have searched far and wide (well maybe not that much) for a good barber for my boys. I feel like we have hit the jackpot now!


And finally, here is Cassius after having his haircut attempting to box like his namesake. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come as boxing isn't exactly my idea of an ideal sport for my boys! Probably should have thought of that before we named him after the worlds greatest!!



1 comment: