Tuesday 1 May 2012

One In, All In ...

My boys are beginning to fight a lot more lately, which I'm hoping is only temporary as usually they're quite close and inseparable. Rick and his brothers are probably the closest brothers I know, and I remember my sister in law Morgana joking once that if her and Gum (one of the brothers) were both drowning, she knew who Lam (her husband) would save first. It was all said in jest, but there's no denying their bond!
Having 4 brothers and 2 sisters myself, I'm a firm believer in the power of a sibling. I dont really have many close friends, and I truly believe that that is simply because my siblings and cousins are amongst my best friends. Then again maybe I'm just trying to justify the fact that I have no friends :)

Anyway I'm going off on a tangent here, and your probably wondering why I titled this 'One In, All In'. I sent Cassius to the 'stairs' the other day for time out. I try not to smack my boys when they're naughty ('try' being the key word here), not because I'm anti smacking, but because when I do I find it brings out an aggressive side of me I don't really like. I also find that smacking really doesn't deter my boys at all! The corner and stairs on the other hand are quite different, and for now are our chosen disciple mechanisms (thank you super nanny!). So getting back to the story, Cassius was sent to the stairs because he had been naughty (I can't even remember now what he'd done). I then went to the toilet and came back to the living room and was wondering why it was so quiet, and where was Phoenix and Kingston? I looked up the stairs and my three boys were all sitting side by side, and upon seeing me Phoenix said 'mum, Cassius wants to listen' ... It was adorable! I ran to get my camera but by the time I came back they were all laughing knowing clearly they had hit a soft spot with mum. I told Cassius he could come out, and quickly messaged Rick to tell him what had happened. Rick has a way of always phrasing things, and he replied "One in, All in".

I really do hope my boys continue to grow up close and remember that there simply is nothing like Family xx

No comments:

Post a Comment