Saturday 12 May 2012

Love Me Some Saturday's at Football...

Ten years ago, actually even a few years ago, I never thought I'd hear these words come out of my mouth! Growing up in New Zealand with a nation and household obsessed with rugby, I often equated rugby with boring Saturday afternoons, and never being able to watch the shows that I wanted. That didn't change too much till I married Rick and found that I now had myself a husband who was also obsessed with the sport. I remember our first year of marriage - often his Saturdays were spent at footy, and I went shopping! What an unsupportive wife I was! So I made a conscious decision to watch a little more sport, and get a bit more involved. And now, our Saturdays are probably my favorite day of the week! With rugby being a 'rich man's sport', most of the games are in the Northern (aka 'nicer') suburbs, so we often head out early and I get to do a little shopping which makes me VERY happy :) I enjoy being in those areas too - I find myself aspiring to better our situation and create a better life for our boys. Todays game was in Rushcutters Bay - look at the white picket fence around their field! And the boys love it - they get to watch their Dad play football, play all day, and often we end up at Uncle Gums which to them is quite a treat! Happiness all round xx

2 comments:

  1. Darcel, you're such a good wife, I don't understand anything about it, but I'm thinking now I have two boys I probably should start learning. And Super mum! get some rest woman! your newest addition is just gorgeous you must be wrapped. Can't wait to meet him Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ardeth! As always you are too kind! And given I now have four boys I need to face the music that rugby is my lot in life lol ... Guess we'll be cheering from the sidelines together huh ha ha. Hope to see u and the beautiful kiddies soon x

    ReplyDelete