Wednesday 25 April 2012

Lest We Forget ...

I saw this picture on Facebook today and I thought it was pretty awesome. I love being from New Zealand. We moved here when I was 15, and since I'm currently sitting at the ripe old age of 30, I have now spent half my life here in Australia. Wellington will always have a special place in my heart though. Sometimes (especially when we go there for holidays) I contemplate moving back, but Australia has so much more opportunities and I also doubt that Rick would ever move. And I'm not going anywhere without him!!
Anyway, the title of this post is 'Lest We Forget', and I must admit I've always been kinda useless with commemorating Anzac day. Today unfortunately was no different, but I saw this picture on Facebook and it made me think I really should take my boys to the dawn ceremony next year. So that's another goal to add to many others!
We had a good day though - we took the boys to Tik Toks for a play with their cousins. I was being lazy and couldn't be bothered taking pics, but right as we left I got a couple. Now we're at home drinking milo and watching tv (I think this might seriously be my boringest post!!)... I just made Cassius his third milo to which he said 'thank you mum. You're the best mum, it's delicious' - That little comment was the highlight of my day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment