Monday 16 April 2012

My Three Little Tongans ...

Cassius AKA 'Cass' and 'Cassie' is the eldest of our troop at 4 years olds and 2 months. He is currently obsessed with weapons (he has a shield and ax type thing) that he wakes up asking for, and wants to take everywhere. I don't usually mind but when it comes to day care etc I make him leave it at home as I don't trust that he won't hit some poor kid! Speaking of daycare, he has never liked it and I am beginning to wonder if he ever will! I contemplated taking him out but considering he will start primary school next year figured he really needs to get use to it. Him and Phoenix go every Thursday and Friday, but they have a lot of 'holidays' lol. This picture of him was taken of Sunday as he went to church (note the appearance of his weapons in the pic lol ... I always love when he wears his Tupenu too :)

Anyway I can feel the boringness of this post ha ha... But back to Cassius. He has always been our 'kind' son. Sharing and giving to others is no problem for him. When he was a baby he use to open his hands and spread his fingers. Ricks mum would say that that is a sign that he will 'share'. We laughed it off but it appears to be true! Could the Tongan myths be true? Ha ha ... His vocabulary is always interesting, he currently likes to accompany any questions with 'are you sure? Are you sure about that?' ... I'm trying to think of some of the other things he has said over the years but my mind is blank! His prayers are always interesting too. When its a school day, he blesses himself to go to 'grandma's or uncle dums', and I remember one night a few months ago we were sitting down for dinner and he declared that he wanted 'pizza!!'. I told him sorry mate but not tonight, but can you please say the prayer. He then said the prayer along these lines 'Dear Heavenly Father, please bless us to have pizza' ... and so, being the lovely mother that I am, I made him some pizza. Lucky for me his definition of a pizza is pita bread for abit of cheese - so really it wasnt that hard a task! Nice to know my boy already knows that if you ask the Lord - he will provide :)

On to Phoenix AKA 'Fith' (that's what Cass would call him and the name has stuck) who just turned three last week. We often call him the weirdo child lol, as he really does just do things differently at times! He hates wearing pants and long sleeved tops, claiming 'I can't wear that mum, it's not my favorite!' So dressing him for church is fun and I am always limited, although he has improved - about 6 months ago not only would he have to wear shorts, but they had to be jean shorts ha ha. Last week Aunty Moe came back from Fiji and got me some 'fob skirts' for the boys. I tried to get Phoenix to wear it but it was quite a dramatic scene where he cried and wanted it off straight away. Oh well I guess there are worse things in life, but I was very much looking forward to all three of my boys in them :(

He is such a handsome boy though (bias much?) but seems to pick up any disease he gets exposed to. Today he is currently covered in lumps from a misquito that attacked him the other day :( 

He loves dinosaurs, and will talk to his dinosaurs all day and try and feed them etc. A few weeks ago he took the leaves apart from some of mums plants cos he said the dinosaurs were hungry and he wanted to feed them lol. We put the leaves back and I'm hoping mum hasn't noticed lol. On another occasion he had the iphone (which he uses to watch videos of dinosaurs on youTube) and he was right next to the trees. I went closer to see what he was doing - he was trying to feed the dinosaurs leaves through the phone ha ha. Oh and he's also my cleaner! I'll ask him and Cassius to pick up a mess they have made, and Cass will pick a few things and claim to have cleaned it, but Phoenix will try and get every drop!  It's funny how even at that age my children have very different definitions of what 'clean' is :)

And last but not least (for a few more weeks anyway), there's Kingston AKA 'Kingston brother'. When he was born, we would often say to Cass and Phoenix 'look its your brother', 'do you love your brother?' etc. For some reason, the word brother has stuck and now he is called  our 'Kingston brother'. He will be 2 in September, and he's a little fatty and has quite a stocky build (will definitely be a forward if that is his chosen sport). He has acquired a love for golf like his father, and will sit practicing his swing many times a day! Let's hope he follows Tiger Woods in the skills department - but not the extracurricular stuff!

He loves the camera and so will often appear in the majority of the pics I take! Unlike his brothers who never smile, this boy looks at the camera all day! These pics were taken of him the Sunday that just passed, and was his first time in his tupenu. Doesnt he look great! He makes me laugh, as he's quite sneaky and somewhat of a trouble maker at times! He's a little obsessed with the vacuum cleaner too - lets hope that obsession lasts! Everyone loves Kingston though, even as a baby he was always just a very happy boy. He is always laughing (as you can see in his pic with dad from the other night), and people just love him. Lately he has been displaying abit of a temper though - let's hope that didn't come from me (but who am I kidding lol).
Ok I'm getting tired, but that's a little about my little Tongans at this point in time ... No doubt things will change as the year goes on but its interesting how my three boys have such different personalities xx


No comments:

Post a Comment