Tuesday 17 April 2012

Whats in a Name?

I know if Rick was to read this post he would start by asking me if I thought I was a poet? Lol but although I love Romeo and Juliet (where this quote is found as Juliet ponders the importance of Romeo being a Montague) I have to disagree - I think names are VERY important!!
And so with this in mind we have tried to give all our boys a 'unique' name - not too unique that it's weird, but unique enough that they're not going to have another 10 kids in their school with the same name. Also, of equal importance - each is given a Tongan or Samoan middle name - so they remember their culture. And so we have Cassius Konilati (after the great Mohammed Ali and Ricks dad), Phoenix Simi (after River/Joaquin Phoenix and my wonderful grandfather), and Kingston Iakopo (Kingston I just liked the name after seeing Gwen Stefani named her son that lol, and Iakopo after Jacob (but in Samoan).

Which brings me to my current dilemma, what to name our next one? I have the middle name already - Taniela (after Ricks little brother Daniel), but I am stuck on the first! I was hoping for McCaw (named after the amazing Richie McCaw, captain of the Mighty All Blacks) but alas seeing as Rick is very much a Wallaby Supporter, I have been (kindly) told that it's not going to happen. I'm still going to try after I deliver though, maybe my wonderful husband will feel sorry for me and let me have it! I do doubt it though - Rick is usually very laid back about a lot of things so for him to say no, means its important to him. That won't stop me from trying though ha ha. I have been thinking of Memphis but I don't LOVE the name, but maybe it will grow on me in the next few weeks. All the other names I have are ok but nothing that Is really sticking out, so I guess we will see what happens!
If only I was due to have a girl - I have a list of names ready for when she arrives xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment