Sunday 15 April 2012

Phoenix's Third Birthday ...

On Thursday we celebrated Phoenix's third birthday. I had been sick the days prior and hadnt planned much, but we always like to do something for them even if its just going to the movies etc. Lucky my boys have brothers and cousins so last minute things can still be exciting as they will always have a friend with them. We initially contemplated going to the Easter Show, but after looking at the prices and looking at the ages of our boys, Rick and I thought we would save money and look for a cheaper option. As Rick pointed out, they would have just as much fun at a park and it would cost us nothing. So I googled animal farms in NSW and found we had one only about 10 mins from our house Calmsley Hill City Farm. We told Rube and Gum (Ricks sister and brother), and so automatically we had a total of 9 kids going (the beauty of being fob is you're never short on cousins, and it was only the under 8s that came ha ha). The Ah Mus also came and brought along little Hayzehn making it a total of 10!

We arrived about 1030am after a 'slightly' stressful morning. I left the keys at mums the night before and didnt realise until I went to pack the boys!! Rube went and got them for me so that was lucky. It was only Rube and I with the kids at first and so it was 'fun'. They really did enjoy it though and absolutely loved all the animals. They got to milk a cow, see a dog show (chasing sheep), a sheep shearing show, go on a tractor ride, feed the animals etc etc. And most importantly - it was cheap! 

We left after two sometime, and my almost 35 week pregnant self was exhausted!! Alas there was still food to prepare and shopping to do, so no rest for me. We dropped the boys at Rubes for when Rick finished work, and Rube, Lauren and I jetted off to Westfields to buy some presents and get the last minute food. Phoenix was easy to buy for - he is absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs! Of course I had to divert to Cotton On when I saw that they had a 30% off sale though! We got lots of lollies for the kids aswell and a pinata etc, and we were ready to head home for the little party and BBQ.

All is all for a last minute thing it really was a lovely day. I am lucky to have such helpful sisters/brothers inlaws who are always willing to do more then anything for my boys! The kids loved it, Phoenix especially loved it ... and I was absolutely HAMMERED by the end of the night! All signs of a great day xx 




If you haven't guessed from the pictures, my Phoenix really does love Dinosaurs! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment