Sunday 22 April 2012

The Book of 'Morgan' ...

When I woke up this Sabbath Morning I was feeling kind of deflated. I knew last night that the boys and I wouldn't be going to church, and given I have missed the last three weeks of church I really was in need of a 'spiritual boost'. So as the boys lay beside me sleeping (Rick was already at his meetings when I woke), I decided just because we can't go to church - doesn't mean church can't come to us! So I got out my iPad (man I love this thing!), and looked over the nursery and primary manual for ideas. I came up with a lesson plan, and must admit I was feeling kinda proud of myself at this point (this would soon change!).
My little men woke shortly after, and we had breakfast in bed (I figured my room already needed a vacuum so what difference would a few more crumbs make right?). We went into their room, and I told them we were going to learn about Jesus since we wouldn't be going to church. Well, to put it simply, my boys weren't really interested. Phoenix doesn't seem to comprehend that Jesus is his 'special' brother. He insists (quite forcibly) that his only brothers are Cassius and Kingston. My great idea to use the iPad to show different pictures also meant that they now wanted to play games instead, and started arguing over what songs to sing. I was at the point of giving up when I saw The Book of Mormon nearby. I asked the boys 'what do we call this book?' and Cassius said 'we don't know that book mum' (in my defense, when I usually talk about the scriptures to the boys it's using my triple combination not a single book - haha who am I kidding!). Anyway, I explained to them slowly that it was The. Book. of. Mormon. And what response did I get?
Cassius said 'The Book of Morgan mum?'
Phoenix said 'that's uncle Morgans book mum?'
I had to laugh - that memory alone made the morning events all worth it xx

No comments:

Post a Comment