Monday 6 August 2012

To filter, or not to filter ...

When I take a picture with my iphone, I will always edit it using one of many photography apps. Sometimes more then once!
When I use my DSLR camera though, sometimes I wonder if the filter is really neccessary? Am I filtering out of habit and changing what is already a good photo? Wasn't the whole point in buying a DSLR because the colors and images are that much better? What do you think?
Here's the original ...

And here is the same picture with a filter applied ...


I use to criticize pictures that I thought were too 'edited' ... am I guilty of the same?? Clearly I sit and ponder on the important issues of life!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that pics taken on the DSLR are better WITHOUT the filter - well in your example anyway. Filters are great for iphone pics though! Anyway I'm no expert as all I do is point and shoot - hoping for a good shot! lol I would love to do a basic photography course...one day.

    ReplyDelete