Monday 6 August 2012

Small Moments ...

As I go throughout my day, little moments occur and I quickly grab my phone and make a note of it to remember when I blog. 

Well, given my lack of blogging last month, the list is getting pretty long! So here are a few little small moments from the last month or so ...

One day Cassius came and sat next to me and started stroking my hair. He looked at me and said 'your hair is beautiful mum?' ... defintely a random comment but made me smile at how kind my eldest is! 

Phoenix stayed at mums one night, and Mum called me the next morning telling me he had been busy watching dinosaurs on the phone and would turn to his side and talk to Cassius as if he was there, and would grab his toy dinosaurs and get them to talk to the dinosaurs on tv. Mother thought it was lovely that even his imaginary friend was his brother!

Cassius has a lisp, tends to talk with an american accent at times, and often has an interesting way of putting things. His latest saying, 'last morning' (as opposed to 'yesterday').

I have started exercising! Well not exactly, but I have gotten on the treadmill twice and that's better then nothing right? I also did the 21 day no junk food challenge - and boy do I eat alot of rubbish! The first day it felt like everything I went to eat I couldn't have! Definitely a good start to things ... Skinny me here I come!!!

I can't remember now what I was referring to, but I had commented to Rick how different we are (I was sooking about something and implying how I would have done it already if it has been left to me lol). As usual, Rick replied ever so eloquently with 'Yes we are different wife, and that is why we are great for each other. I would never have liked being with a person exactly like me and you wouldn't like being with someone exactly like you. We are perfect for each other' ...

One of the recent 'trends' (although it's not so recent anymore), is the dance move the 'dougie'. Cassius has been spending abit of time at his cousins and has now learnt the song 'teach me how to dougie, teach me how to dougie'. He came back last week singing the song and as usual Phoenix tried to copy him. The next day I heard Phoenix singing the song but as I got closer I realised he had the words a little wrong. His version went 'Kingston has a doggie, Kingston has a doggie'!
Never a dull day in our house! More memories to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment