Tuesday 7 August 2012

Where is the Noise?

I woke up this morning and something wasn't right ... I had room in the bed, it was quiet, I actually think I got the recommended hours of sleep for a change!

What was different? Cassius, Phoenix and Kingston are staying at their nannas. Yesterday Rick's mum had come over and one by one my three older boys had asked to go over. My instant thought as I closed the door behind them - freedom!! I quickly got McCaw ready and we went shopping with mum, aunty Nola and Ena (who are visiting from Hawaii). It was an afternoon of bliss as I remembered fondly the days of only having one child and how much easier it was to get things done.

But now as I wake up without them all huddled in my bed, it just doesn't feel right! I miss my boys!!! No doubt within minutes of them being home they will most likely be driving me insane, but that insanity is the norm for me now, and this quietness just doesn't feel right anymore! 



No comments:

Post a Comment