Saturday 25 August 2012

McCaw's Blessing

This post is about three weeks overdue, but being late is kinda the theme of the month! I was going to try and edit these pics, but for now I am feeling lazy and just want to put these up before I forget!

McCaw was given a baby blessing on August 5th, which in our Church means he was given a special blessing and his name recorded in Church Records. It also very much means a big family gathering and feed! But given Rick is Tongan and my family Samoan, would you expect anything different??!?
 
As I got the boys ready that morning, I couldn't help but get the camera out and take a few pictures. It still amuses me at times that people look at the fact that I have four boys with pity. Just by looking at these pictures I am reminded again that I am very very lucky.
 
 

Fabian wanted to join in the pictures - look at how Kingston is trying to mimic his brothers and hold him!



 
We eventually got to Church a little late, well maybe it was more then a little! So the boys and I hung out in the hallways.
 
 

And look at my handsome blessing boy! A few people have commented that he has a 'perfectly shaped head'. He looks a little chubby in these pictures. He's actually quite skinny, especially next to his cousin Max, but I'll write more about that in another post!




After the blessing I missed taking pictures of the extended family (everyone rushed home to cook), but I did manage to 'try' and take some photos of my little family.




 

This was our attempt at a family photo ...


We eventually gave up and decided to have a picture with our two 'good' children (well on that day anyway)!


All in all, it was another lovely day. A little stressful at times, but made extra special by the fact that Aunty Nola, Uncle Quincey, Aunty Bubs and family were all down. I am reminded every time we all get together as a family why I want a big family - good times all around that's for sure!

I'll leave you with a picture of some of the food ...


No comments:

Post a Comment