Saturday 4 August 2012

Something Extraordinary ...

One of Ricks and I's favorite movies is 'Music and Lyrics'. The movie got bad reviews, but to us, it's pretty hilarious. Mix in some old school dance moves and eighties music and we think they hit the jackpot.

There's a line from the movie I love, when Drew Barrymore is talking to her sister and asks her how she knew her husband was the one. Her sister replies something along the lines of 'I think it's when they do something extraordinary...'

Today my husband did something that reminded me why he is the one for me. I wasn't having the best of days, feeling somewhat exhausted and overwhelmed with my current workload and all that has to be done on the weekend. I called him in a panic, as I had clients all afternoon and no one other then my grandma to watch the boys. I had my little sook but I thought he could barely hear me over the background machinery. He told me he would call me back when the noise died down.
A short time later he called back. He had left work early and was on his way to help with the boys. 
Ok, so maybe it wasn't that extraordinary, but I feel lucky to have someone who goes out of his way to make my life easier, even when I'm being a little nuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment