Sunday 26 August 2012

Three Other Couples

It's 1.40am on a Sunday morning. My house is clean, the boys clothes ready for church, and I really should be sleeping. But alas I have decided to blog instead!

We went out to dinner tonight with some friends from church - three other couples to be exact. We went after watching another victory by the mighty All Blacks, so it was bound to be a good night!
 
It was Emma's birthday, and Ian (her hubby) had asked us all to come as a suprise. The effort Ian had gone to was a testament to his love for his wife, and I must say he done well! The food was in abundance, the conversations plentiful, and it was a great night.
 
As I was sitting there, I thought about how nice it is to be sitting with three other couples - all of the same Faith, with the same spiritual goals; all trying to live better and achieve what their Heavenly Father would want for them. I thought about how nice it is to have a companion, someone to share this life with and the next. I thought about how nice it is to be loved.
 
Yes, it was indeed a good night, with three other couples. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment