Saturday 29 September 2012

"Big Boy" Tuesdays

I like to think that my husband and I are quite social people.
 
Our children, not so much.

This was brought to my attention recently when I spoke to Cassius's daycare teacher with concerns he wasn't developing academically. Imagine my suprise when she said that her concerns were more with his social skills! He doesn't always like to participate in group activities, and he and Phoenix tend to stick together like glue. Of course this isn't neccessarily a bad thing, but with Cassius starting primary school next year, I'm a little worried for my boy! She also mentioned that he has a tendency to fall asleep in class, and I had to contain myself and not laugh when she told me that one!  

And so we have implemented 'Big Boy' Tuesdays. Essentially this just means that Cassius goes on his own to daycare, but the name gives it a little appeal (I think?). This week was our second week of it and it has actually run suprisingly smoothly. Phoenix, who isn't too big a fan of daycare anyway, is very happy with the fact that he is a 'small' boy and so only goes on Wednesdays and Thursday. Cassius has suprised me with his willingness to go, and he seems rather proud of himself that he is the biggest of his brothers and has that extra day.

While on the subject of my eldest, last week at football I was holding a packet of rice cakes like the one in the picture to the left. Cassius came and asked for one, and once he had it in his hand he started picking at the grass and putting it on his cracker! I asked him what in the world he was doing? He looked at me innocently, pointed to the picture on the wrapping and said 'Like the picture mum?'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment