Friday 21 September 2012

Two Ingredients

The past few months have been a little crazy for our little family. As an accountant, end of financial year is always like that, but this year seemed even more so. I guess having a newborn, trying to be a good mother and wife (and let's face it, sometimes it's easy to forget that they are two seperate roles!), having four kids under five, and working full time are not entirely compatible. Who would have thought right? (note the extreme sarcasm here).  
 
I often get asked 'how I manage' and I have come to the conclusion that my life is made significantly easier by two main ingredients:
 
1. A supportive, hard working, 'hands on' Husband
2. A supportive, 'no questions asked', 'always doing things for me' Mother
 
That is 'the secret' to how I manage. These two people are what make my life a whole lot easier and I would be absolutely lost without them!
 
Thankfully, things are quieting down at work and I have returned to two days a week. I appreciate my time at home with the boys a little more now, doing the everyday things and getting back into our normal routine. I was about to write how I haven't had alot of time for things lately, but a good friend of mine once commented how she liked that I wasn't one of those mothers who used the phrase 'I just don't have time' (insert dramatic voice). Hmmm she would be looking at me with disapproval right now, as lately, I have pinned that phrase quite frequently! Oh well, it's not the worse thing in the world right?

Oh, and before I forget - we have moved! I told you it's been a busy time for us! It was all really quick and there is still alot of organisation left, but we are now around the corner from Cass's school for next year, within walking distance to the park and shops, and have four bedrooms! The extra space is absolute bliss and I am looking forward to making this house into a home.
 
Ps - Here is a picture I took of the linen cupboard. My linen cupboard never looks this organised so I thought I would take a photo and appreciate the moment!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment