Thursday 31 January 2013

The End of an Era


Tomorrow marks the End of an Era for our little family.
 
With our 'biggest' boy Cassius starting primary school, I will no longer (and never again) have all my children at home. And the whole thing is kinda making me sad. 
 
I know Cassius and Phoenix have been attending daycare for over a year, but given it was only 2 days a week and the amount of 'day offs' we had, I still felt very much like I had all my boys at home.
 
I feel both anticipation and fear, excitement and nervousness, overwhelmed and enlightened. If there was a checklist of feelings I would simply tick 'all of the above'.
 
I'm excited for my eldest to grow up. To learn and to discover. To find new friends and experience all the world has to offer. But I will miss him in our home. I will miss my little helper who always thinks of his brothers before himself, who is kind without being needing to be told. I will miss this boy so much.
 
I never pictured myself as one of those mothers who would cry on their childs first day at school. But the picture seems very real to me now.
 
I'll let you know how I go!
 

1 comment: