Sunday 28 October 2012

Back to my Roots

I feel as though my blogging of late has been getting somewhat sidetracked! Will I really care in five years time that I purchased a new table? Although I have to pause and think about that for a minute, I'm guessing I won't! So getting back to my roots, and the reason why I started this blog in the first place, it's time I did an update on my Four Little Tongans!
 
In the past few months Cassius has really come out of his shell. Putting him in for an extra day at daycare on his own has been the best thing for him! He is so much more active and involved. He is still so kind, and is even getting a little better in the cleaning department. I'm really enjoying seeing his personality grow and we have had many the interesting conversation. Just the other day he pointed to McCaw's stomach and asked 'is there a baby in there mum?'. I replied 'no darling, babies only grow in mums stomach'. He then asked 'when are you going to have another one mum? I wonder what face he will have?'. I replied 'not for awhile, and maybe he will have a face like McCaw'. His eyes lit up and he said 'maybe he will have a face like Cassius?'. Of course, this increase in understanding and vocabulary can make for interesting times. He was sick one day and had started improving as the day went on. When dinner time came around I made him eat his vegetables. I casually asked 'are you still sick son?'. His reply 'this dinner is making me sick!'. I think I could write a whole book on the things that come out of his mouth!
 
All of my boys are a little obsessed with Hot Wheels Cars, and I often have to take them off them as the arguing and bickering escalates. On a few occasions I have taken them off Phoenix and I overhear Cassius assuring him 'don't worry, you can have my ones'. He is definitely his father! On the other hand I'd like to think that Phoenix isn't his mother, but when that temper of his emerges there's no denying the Simpson genes in him! At the same time he is very intellectual (wow he really is from my side ha ha), and has an intrusive mind. He picks things up a lot quicker then Cassius, and I often see him deep in thought digesting what has happened or observing whats around him. Here's hoping he will be my doctor!  He loves to be independent too. Whilst Cassius will find any opportunity to get help with getting dressed etc, Phoenix will readily assert that 'I can do it myself!!'. Often throughout the day I will see his underwear inside out, upside down, with pants on back to front. But you can't tell him otherwise! He loves to sing too. I hear him often throughout the day singing to himself and having a jolly old time! In the picture above he was driving along in Ricks car thinking he was pretty cool singing One Direction!
 
And then there's number three - Kingston. We call him the 'ring in' cos he spends all his day trying to be part of the 'fun'. If his brothers are in the middle of watching something, he wants to join in. If they are laughing, he joins in also and laughs like he has some clue what they are laughing at! I feel sorry for him at times as he is often left out by the older two. When I voiced this to my husband he was quick to point out that Kingston is a very annoying brother. Let me illustrate this with an example. I came downstairs the other day to find Phoenix and Cassius had lined up a number of plastic cups in straight lines. Kingston seeing the cups on the floor, walked over and just kicked them all over and starting laughing. That's my Kingston for you! Regardless, I hope once McCaw grows they will stay close like Cassius and Phoenix. Speaking of McCaw he is the first person that Kingston looks for when he wakes. He almost always wakes in a good mood and says 'baby caw, baby caw'. I really should take more videos of the boys as they grow. Kingston's talking voice is quite funny that's for sure! 
 
 
Last but certainly not least, my McCaw. McCaw is my angel. I look at him and remember everything that I love about being a mother. He is my treasure. I guess I just love the age that he is at. Rick is quick to remind me that Kingston was once in that position too - so I am treasuring up my moments with my boy who looks at me with delight, who is still at that age where he listens, laughs and enjoys me. I just love him. He's a thumb sucker too. None of my other boys have sucked their thumb, and whilst my mother would beg to disagree I think there are worst things in life! It really is impossible to imagine life without this boy!
 
And that's another update on my Four Little Tongans. They are growing so fast and although it can be overwhelming at times, I think I will really will miss this time when I had all four at home, creating chaos every minute. Next year our Cassius will be going to School. Exciting times ahead!


 

1 comment: