Sunday 3 March 2013

Wellington in the Summertime

 
 
As has become the 'norm' with my blogging of late, I am posting this a little late!
 
In January we went on a 10 day trip to my hometown of Wellington, New Zealand.
 
There's something about Wellington that I find hard to put into words. Maybe it's the feelings of nostalgia, maybe it's being there with my older brothers and their families, maybe it's the fact that so many of the places evoke many a childhood memory. Whatever it may be, I do love that place!
 
We have a habit of going back when the weather is not so pretty. If you know Wellington, that can sometimes be a good part of the year. There's a saying that you can't beat Wellington on a good day. The inference of that is the fact that those 'good days' are sometimes few and far between. But we went back in summer this time, and it was beautiful.
 
My older brothers have young children too so every day was spent doing things for the kids. We visited parks that I played at as a kid, play centres, pools, beaches and the like. Add to the mix the beautiful food that country delivers and you have the recipe for a perfect family holiday.
 
But if I was to pick one thing I loved the most, it would be the simple moments of sitting around the table and chatting with my siblings and our spouses. It's moments like those that remind me why I want a big family. That even though having a lot of children can be difficult at times, there is a bond between siblings that is hard for anyone to break. And I want my boys to have that for themselves.
 
Ps - Here are a few of my favourite pics from the trip. For some reason blogger is not allowing me to load more and I'm over it. I will load more tomorrow. Or maybe the next day :P
 
 
 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment