Thursday 21 February 2013

A New Era


We are three weeks into our 'New Era', with Cassius at big school, and Phoenix and Kingston at daycare for two. For the most part, I'm enjoying the routine of it all and seeing all my boys grow up. But it has definitely changed things. No more random trips to the beach, staying till all hours at our friends houses. Now I know what everyone means when they say school changes your life!

Cassius has really impressed me with how well he is taking to big school. He gets up every morning without any issues, has his breakfast and gets ready to go. He just waved me off on the first day, which kinda broke my heart as I expected at least a little resistance! I think he enjoys the independence of it all, that it is only him that goes and so he really must be our 'biggest boy'. Read about how I was feeling the night before he went here.

It has also made Phoenix alot more independent, and although he is somewhat reluctant to go to daycare, he waves goodbye once there without any dramas and especially loves that he now has Cassius's old teacher 'Nadia'.

And then there's Kingston. His progression is not so great. He starts crying once we drive into the suburb where the daycare is located! He truly is at that terrible two stage and he makes the 2 minute walk to Cassius's school each morning quite the ordeal. All fun and games though right? I really did think he would enjoy daycare though. He would run off whenever we would drop his brothers off last year, and he is usually alot more social. Once again I got that one wrong!

And so Wednesday has become my new favourite day of the week.  I don't work and only have McCaw at home. It is so easy! But I think that feeling comes once you have more children and really get the hang of it all.You feel like you can accomplish anything. Well most of the time anyway!  

No comments:

Post a Comment