Friday 30 November 2012

Life in November

Another November has come and gone and it's been a good one! I remember going over our finances (or lack of them) a few weeks ago and I questioned where all our money was going? Rick replied 'it's November remember?' So very very true. And with Christmas fast approaching I can't believe 2013 will almost be here. Here's a few highlights of our life in November:
 
McCaw, Rick and I went to Melbourne for my birthday and anniversary celebrations early in the month. I love Melbourne! We have decided it will become a yearly tradition for Rick and I. We shopped, ate at many fabulous places and really just enjoyed each others company. I had such a good time. Rick organised the flights, accommodation etc, which is quite a big thing for my husband as that is usually my job. It was bliss! Rick joked that half our trip was spent with people asking about baby 'caw'. I told him it probably had just as much to do with the handsome black man holding him, but I could be a little bias! I enjoyed myself so much I actually forgot to take photos!
 
 
We got back from our trip and it was straight back to reality! Our McCaw was schedule for his operation at the Sydney's Children Hospital to remove his extra digit (he was born with an extra toe). It was heartbreaking seeing him go under anaesthetic, but ultimately it was for his benefit and as always, my boy was a little soldier! I really could go on all day about how lucky I am to have this little boy. He is an absolute treasure as a child and seems to be quite the hit wherever we go! I quite frequently will hear the words 'this boy is the best baby!'. That's my boy!

 
 
We have visited our favourite park a few times this month. One time we went with my cousins so it was extra good! I really really like these pictures!



Given we have so many birthdays in November and with a lot of the family visiting for Alameins wedding, we have been spending a lot of time at the Ah Mus house. I do love hanging out there and we spent many a night chatting into early hours of the morning! The boys love it too, referring to it as 'Cori's house'. Uncle Valu has chickens, a turtle, and two swings he set up. Who needs parks when you have a house like that!




 
So it's been a fun month, full of lots of family time (which really is the best sort of 'time' isn't it). Here's two more pictures - one of McCaw I took while his Uncle Daniel was making him laugh, the second of Rick and I at the National Multicultural Marketing Awards. It was a last minute thing so I wore the same dress I wore to Alameins wedding (breaking one of my unwritten rules but such is life!).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment